It took longer than planned, but finally we have reached the next milestone of our SharePoint Software Factory 2010.
The SharePoint Software Factory (more details and download on http://spsf.codeplex.com ) is a Visual Studio Extension helping SharePoint newbies, as well as experienced developers to create, manage and deploy SharePoint solutions without having to know every tiny XML and C# secret.
SPSF provides a huge collection of helpful utilities for development, debugging and deployment of SharePoint standard artifacts and is fully compatible with SharePoint 2007/2010 and Visual Studio 2008/2010 (in any combination).
SPSF is part of the SharePoint Application Lifecycle (SPALM) process more at http://spalm.codeplex.com
- Get started with professional SharePoint development in less than 5 mins! more
- Use powerful wizards to create all important SharePoint artifacts more
- Fully integrated in Visual Studio more
- Refactoring of artifacts (i.e. Content Types) more
- Fully automated build system creates web solutions packages (“WSP”s) and deployment files more
- Integrated Code quality checks in “Release” build (additional installs required) more
- Extensive Help integrated in Visual Studio more
- Supports new SharePoint Visual Studio application structure but also “old” best-practice SharePoint Hive structure more
- Supports SharePoint 2007/2010 and Visual Studio 2008/2010 in any combination!!!
So please give it a try and us some feedback!
It is still a beta, so go bughunting…